10/03/2010

Catskill Craftsmen Wood End Grain Round Cutting Slab with Feet Review

Catskill Craftsmen Wood End Grain Round Cutting Slab with FeetWonderful!The height of it is perfect for our counters which are low to us (we're tall), so it makes it more ergonomic for us.

Yes, it's very heavy, but I don't see that as a negative.I was looking for a substantial one.I just bring my pans to the board to unload the food.I would not bother trying to carry the board across the kitchen.It doesn't move on your counter even remotely and it looks beautiful.

Make sure you season this board with mineral oil and paraffin before use so it doesn't absorb any odors or bacteria.Here's how I do it:

In a double broiler (or a bowl over a pot of boiling water), melt 10 tablespoons of mineral oil and about 3T of paraffin (comes in a block at the grocery store) until the paraffin is completely melted. Don't melt it directly over heat, as the paraffin has the potential of being flammable.

Immediately after you remove it from the heat, pour 1/2 on the cutting board and quickly--in the direction of the grain and in long strokes--rub it in with a lint-free cloth.I put 3 thin coats on mine and water beads like a freshly waxed car :).Let it stand overnight and buff with a soft cloth and you're good to go.

I tried doing strictly mineral oil and I ended up having to remove the feet, drill holes and attach the feet to the opposite side for use due to the odors that I couldn't get rid of on the side I was using.I would strongly suggest using paraffin; it's wonderful and won't hurt you.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Catskill Craftsmen Wood End Grain Round Cutting Slab with Feet

Product Description:
This natural hardwood cutting board with nonslip feet would be an item of pride on any kitchen counter. Its rugged end-grain wood is cut in a 3-inch slab, virtually eliminating warping, and making it easy on knife blades. Measuring 15-1/2 inches in diameter, it provides plenty of surface room to maneuver, even to chop and temporarily store the veggies for a soup or casserole, for example. Though at 18 pounds, you'll probably want to leave it in a semipermanent location on the counter. And while you're using it, your conscience can rest easy, knowing that Catskill Craftsmen products are made exclusively from non-endangered, self-replenishing, domestic trees.

Buy cheap Catskill Craftsmen Wood End Grain Round Cutting Slab with Feet now

No comments:

Post a Comment